As we age, we stop producing collagen and our existing collagen begins to deplete. As if that wasn’t enough for our skin to stress about, over time many of us develop enlarged pores, uneven skin tone, pigmentation, scars, fine lines, and wrinkles on the face, neck, and décolleté. The advanced microneedling treatment at Spa Radiance Medical triggers collagen production and addresses all of these concerns in one treatment. It is highly effective for a wide range of ages, skin types, and conditions. Add on Platelet Rich Fibrin (PRF) to help tighten, smooth, and improve your skin tone. Or, opt for hyaluronic acid serum with your microneedling treatment to help restore lost volume. Our expert nurses will help you come up with the ideal treatment plan, and usually recommend 4-6 monthly sessions for maximum results. Expert Tip: Our nurses see the best results by far when patients complement their microneedling sessions with PRF.
- At least two weeks before your appointment, discontinue using:
- Non-steroidal anti-inflammatories like ibuprofen, aspirin, naproxen
- Fish oil supplements
- Vitamin E supplements
- Avoid alcohol 24 hours before your appointment.
- Arrive 30 mins prior to appointment to apply numbing cream.
- For extra comfort, nitrous oxide (laughing gas) is available for an additional $100
- Avoid exercise or strenuous actives for 24 hours post treatment
- It is best to avoid the use of makeup or other products, with the exception of anything recommended by your provider, for a minimum of 6 hours post treatment.
- Avoid sun by staying indoors or wearing a wide brimmed hat until all redness as subsided.
- For the 3 days post treatment, for product recommendations and instructions given by your provider, as it is important to avoid certain products and chemicals while the channels of the skin are so open.
- We highly recommend using freshly washed bedding and/or pillowcases to avoid contamination of the treated areas post treatment.
While some benefits may be noticeable after one treatment, for best results we recommend that this treatment be done in a series. Our recommended treatment series consists of 4-6 monthly microneedling treatments. Once desired results have been achieved, we recommend a maintenance treatment every 3 months.
- Biologique Recherché Masque Vernix
- Any physical sunscreen
- Platelet Rich Fibrin (PRF) add-on to treatment
- Neocutis BioSerum Firm
- Neocutis Hyalis+
- Neocutis Aftercare
Microneedling is a cordless surgical steel wand outfitted with pulsing fractional microthin needles. The trained Nurse or Medical Esthetician gently guides the microneedling device in long strokes over the skin, completely covering the treatment area. The microthin needles penetrate the skin to create microscopic “injuries” and channels which cause the skin to immediately activate production of healing collagen and elastin. The treatment finishes with application of a soothing, healing gel rich in growth factors.
Microneedling treatments are ideal for all skin types looking to stimulate firmer, brighter, and more even skin on the face, neck, and décolleté. This treatment can help with uneven skin tone and pigmentation, acne or traumatic scarring, fine lines and wrinkles, dull, dehydrated, damaged skin, aging skin, and minimizing enlarged pores.
Over the course of a few days, the surface layer of skin is naturally sloughed off by the new layer coming to the surface, looking softer and firmer. Visible changes to the skin occur over the course of several weeks. Microneedling results emerge up to six months after treatment, as collagen production continues. Microneedling is widely used in Europe. It is regarded as a safe and effective way to stimulate new skin without the use of lasers or chemicals. Clients who have considered lasers or dermal rollers will find microneedling to be an excellent alternative.
What can I expect?
- Some mild discomfort can be experienced during the treatment but numbing cream can be provided and the device can be adjusted to suit an individual’s comfort level.
- After the treatment the skin will be red and flushed in appearance, similar to a moderate sunburn.
- You may experience skin tightness and mild sensitivity to touch in certain areas. This will diminish significantly within a few hours after the treatment.
- Within the next 24-48 hours the skins appearance will return back to normal. For some, flaking of the skin may be experienced a few days post treatment, this is just the old dead skin sloughing off revealing new healthy skin.
- Total healing time will depend on the emphasis of the treatment.
What Does The Micro Needling Pen Do?
Microneedling can be performed anywhere on the body. It is a minimally invasive procedure, performed in-office by a qualified, trained clinician. The Microneedling device is used primarily to help revitalize aging skin and soften acne scars. The tip of the pen holds a series of tiny surgical steel needles which pierce the skin. The depth is based on each patient’s specific skin condition. The needle cartridge is disposable, and the device itself is designed to minimize the risk of contamination. Microneedling triggers the skin’s natural healing response, resulting in healthy, glowing skin.
Does It Hurt?
Clinicians may apply a topical numbing agent prior to beginning the procedure, depending on the type of procedure that has been tailored to an individual’s skin. Most patients say their experience was virtually painless. There is minimal post-procedure reddening of the skin, which dissipates, so there is no downtime required.
How Long Does It Take?
Microneedling procedures are brief, in office procedures, This procedure is gentler than most alternatives, so it may take more than one session to achieve optimal results. Results may become visible after the procedure. It is recommended that appointments are scheduled about a month apart, to give the skin time to rest and heal in between.
Is It Right For Me?
Unlike many other skin renewal options, microneedling is safe and effective for every skin color and type. It does not significantly affect the epidermis. When performed correctly by a trained clinician, there is little risk of any side-effects such as burns, scarring, or hyperpigmentation or other discoloration. Microneedling offers another important advantage – post-procedure continuation. The procedure itself is part of a comprehensive system designed to produce maximum results and keep skin looking its best.
- current skin infection at the planned treatment site
- active acne or open wounds in the treatment area
- history of keloid scarring
- collagen vascular disease or cardiac abnormalities
- active bacterial or fungal infection
- Please inform your nurse if you:
- have a history with or are prone to herpes outbreaks
- have scars or stretch marks that are less than one year old
- are pregnant or breastfeeding
- have current keloid scars
- have a history of eczema, psoriasis, and/or other chronic conditions
- have a history of herpes simplex infections
- are diabetic or have wound-healing deficiencies
- are on immunosuppressive therapy
- have skin with raised moles or warts on targeted areas
Acne Laser Treatment | BOTOX®, Dysport® and Xeomin® | Clear + Brilliant® | CoolSculpting® | CoolTone® | Diamond Dermabrasion Facial | Fillers | Hair Restoration | IPL Photofacial | Kybella® | Laser Hair Removal | LED Customized Facial | LED Light Therapy | #LipFlip | Micro Laser Peel® | Microneedling and PRF | NovaThreads | ProFractional® | SkinTyte® | Ultherapy®