Acne plagues more than 50 million Americans and adult acne is more common than ever. At Spa Radiance Medical we treat acne with our advanced Sciton Forever Clear BBL™, which delivers light energy deep into your skin, purifying skin cells, leaving you with clear, radiant skin. Consult with your skilled Spa Radiance Medical nurse about creating a personalized regimen.
- Discontinue use of Accutane for a minimum of 6 months before treatment.
- Use of a broad spectrum SPF 30 (or greater) sunblock is necessary for a minimum of 2 weeks before treatment. Proper use of sunscreen typically requires reapplication every two hours.
- No natural or artificial (spray tans, lotions, tanning beds, etc.) for a minimum of 2 weeks before treatment.
- While not required, we do recommend microdermabrasion 3-10 days before treatment to help exfoliate and prime the skin for enhanced results.
- Avoid all sun exposure for 48 hours prior to appointment.
- If you have a history of cold sores/herpes, you may wish to start an anti-herpetic medication 48 hours before treatment.
- Avoid exfoliating agents like Retin-A, alpha or beta hydroxyl acids, hydroquinone, vitamin C, and exfoliating gloves/sponges for 24 hours before your treatment.
- Use of any aspirin, ibuprofen, and other anti-inflammatory or blood thinning medications may increase the risk of bruising. Please consult your physician before discontinuing use of any medications before treatment.
- Your provider may recommend the use of a melanin suppressant; please adhere to recommended usage instructions before and after treatments.
- To minimize the potential for adverse effects and boost results, LED light therapy is recommended immediately after treatment, and every other day for up to 2 weeks.
- To avoid dilation of blood vessels, which decreases the effectiveness of the treatment, avoid hot tubs, hot showers, and exercise for the next 24 hours. Quick, warm showers are recommended.
- Topical 2% hydrocortisone cream may be applied to decrease any itching or skin irritation.
- Continue to use a broad spectrum SPF 30 (or greater) sunblock for a minimum of 6 weeks after treatment to avoid sun induced brown discoloration of the skin. Proper use of sunscreen typically requires reapplication every two hours.
- For the first 2-3 days use a gentle milk cleanser, as well as a gentle moisturizer and/or growth factor and BioCream.
- Do not use Retin-A, (or other retinoid containing products), abrasive or exfoliating sponges/scrubs, glycolic, beta, or alcohol containing solutions for 7-10 days. Once this time has passed, microdermabrasion can be used (7-10 days after your treatment) to help with exfoliation if needed.
- Makeup can be applied as long as the skin is not broken.
- If the skin is broken or blister appears, wash gently twice a day and apply an antibiotic ointment. The area(s) should be kept lubricated to prevent crusting or scabbing. Do not pick the area(s) or expose to sunlight. Call us immediately should this occur.
- Our nurses will customize a personalized treatment program based on your individual needs.
- Based on the severity of your acne a custom treatment plan will be created especially for you.
Forever Clear BBL is a cutting-edge acne treatment that uses the power of light to comfortably and effectively clear acne without creams or medicine. BBL is the world’s most powerful IPL (Intense Pulsed Light) device delivering light energy deep into your skin to stimulate and regenerate your skin cells, leaving you with clear, healthy, radiant skin.
Skin is first treated with BLUE BBL light to eliminate acne-causing bacteria at its source, deep down in the pores.
Skin is then treated with YELLOW BBL light to reduce the inflammation and acne-associated redness to give you healthy, luminous skin.
For added benefit, the skin is then treated with SkinTyte II™ using INFRA-RED light in rapid, gentle pulses to initiate the body’s natural healing process.
How many treatments does it take?
Treatments are determined per patient. Series are recommended until desired results.
Is it painful?
Pain is minimal as we offer numbing cream for patients with a lower pain threshold.
What should I expect after treatment?
After treatment, you may experience temporary redness that will subside within days after treatment. Makeup can be applied immediately.
Acne Laser Treatment | BOTOX®, Dysport® and Xeomin® | Clear + Brilliant® | CoolSculpting® | CoolTone® | Diamond Dermabrasion Facial | Fillers | Hair Restoration | IPL Photofacial | Kybella® | Laser Hair Removal | LED Customized Facial | LED Light Therapy | #LipFlip | Micro Laser Peel® | Microneedling and PRF | NovaThreads | ProFractional® | SkinTyte® | Ultherapy®