Many of our clients have been transformed by a series of Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) treatments, commonly known as photofacials. The photofacial leaves your skin more translucent and even-toned. Say goodbye to sunspots, hyperpigmentation, blood vessels and redness. The result? Younger-looking skin with little to no downtime. For maximum results, our nurses recommend a series of 6 treatments over 6 months.
- For maximum results get a Spa Radiance Super Duper facial immediately prior to your BBL photofacial, or up to two days before. It includes microdermabrasion and helps to prime your skin for your photofacial.
- Avoid any unprotected sun exposure for two weeks prior to your photofacial. Also discontinue any artificial tanning including spray tans and tanning creams. You should not be tanned or sunburned while getting your photofacial.
- Wait two weeks after a dermal filler or neuromodulator treatment (Botox/Dysport/Xeomin) before getting your photofacial.
- One week prior to your photofacial, stop using products that contain Retin-A or retinoids, exfoliating agents (glycolic acid, alpha or beta hydroxyl acid) or abrasives.
- If you have a history of cold sores or herpes, you may wish to start an anti-herpetic medicine or L-Lycene 48 hours before your photofacial, and continue using it for 7 days post-treatment.
- Do not take Accutane within 6 months or antibiotics within 7 days of your treatment, as these increase photosensitivity. If you are taking oral steroids, discontinue use one week before treatment.
- Use of aspirin, ibuprofen, or other anti-inflammatory or blood-thinning medications within 24 hours of your treatment may increase the risk of bruising.
- Please consult your physician before discontinuing use of any medication.
- Do not wear perfume to your appointment on the area being treated.
- Your Spa Radiance nurse may recommend that you use SkinCeuticals Discoloration Defense serum, a melanin suppressant, the month before your BBL photofacial. Please adhere to the recommended usage instructions before and after treatment.
- If you are pregnant, we recommend abstaining from all laser treatments.
- For maximum comfort, book our free numbing service 30 minutes prior to your photofacial.
After your photofacial, your skin is delicate and going through a dynamic cell regeneration process. It is important to nourish the healthy new cells and protect your skin from sun, chemicals and bacteria. We recommend a special skincare routine for the first 10 days, using nothing on your skin except products from the Product Recommendation section below. These products are specially designed to support the natural healing process your skin is going through.
- For maximum results, we recommend an LED light therapy treatment immediately after your photofacial, then every other day for 10 days, as this stimulates healthy cell growth. After this, we recommend a monthly maintenance treatment.
- For 24 hours after your BBL photofacial, avoid hot tubs, hot showers, and exercise. These dilate your blood vessels, which may decrease the effectiveness of your photofacial.
- You may experience a mild to moderate sunburned feeling, redness or irritation for the first 2-3 days. Cold packs can be applied for swelling during the first 24 hours. You may apply topical 1% hydrocortisone cream once a day on clean skin to reduce any redness or irritation. You can safely take over-the-counter pain or anti-inflammatory medication.
- It is critically important that you protect your skin with a broad-spectrum sunscreen of at least SPF 30 to prevent sun-induced brown discoloration of your skin. Apply it 30 minutes before stepping foot outdoors, and reapply every two hours if you are going to be in the sun (even just walking from the house to the car).
- A few days after your photofacial, tiny dark specs may appear. Your cells are pulling deep sun damage to the surface. Do not pick at these. Do not use exfoliating agents or abrasives for 7 days after your BBL photofacial. You may book a Spa Radiance Peptide Boost facial on Day 11 to remove the dead skin cells.
- If your skin is broken or blistered, please call so we can schedule you in with a nurse.
- Wait two weeks after your photofacial before getting a dermal filler or Botox/Dysport/Xeomin treatment.
On Day 11 you can return to your normal skincare routine. If your routine is not producing healthy, glowing skin, we recommend you request a skincare consultation with Angelina Umansky, the founder of Spa Radiance.
- We recommended coming in every 4 weeks for face only treatments, and every 5-6 weeks for treatments that include the neck and/or chest, and continue until desired results are achieved. We highly encourage you to make your next appointment before you leave.
- Photofacials typically take six to eight treatments to reach desired results. In some cases, more may be required.
- We recommend purchasing a series for extra savings.
After your BBL photofacial, your skin is delicate and going through a dynamic cell regeneration process. It is important to nourish the healthy new cells and protect your skin from sun, chemicals and bacteria. We recommend a special skincare routine for the first 10 days after your photofacial, using nothing on your skin except the products below. These products have been specially designed to support the natural healing process your skin is going through.
Eau Micellaire Biosensible
Combines soothing properties with effective gentle cleansing, to remove impurities without destabilizing the skin’s hydrolipidic film. Soak into a cotton pad and gently clean face morning and night
Aftercare Post-Treatment Soothing Cream
Stimulates your body’s production of natural growth hormones, infuses moisture into compromised skin and prevents your skin from going into stress. Smooth over clean skin morning and night.
Therapeutic Copper Peptide Mask
This therapeutic copper peptide mask stimulates healing, soothes and calms redness, and boosts collagen.
Starting the day of your Photofacial, for 7 days apply daily on clean skin for 15 minutes only (no longer). These single-mask packets should be kept in the refrigerator.
|SUNSCREEN||Any broad-spectrum sunscreen with at least SPF 30 will protect your skin from the sun. However, since many sunscreens contain harmful chemicals, we recommend you use one of the sunscreens Spa Radiance carries, as these are pure.|
Spa Radiance Medical uses Sciton® Broad Band Light™ (BBL) Technology for IPL Photofacials. Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) Photofacial is an ideal treatment for reversing the effects of sun damage, brown spots, redness, acne scars, rosacea and broken capillaries. IPL technology uses short bursts of Broad Band Light (BBL) to penetrate layers of the skin and stimulate the production of collagen. These pulses of light work to neutralize over pigmented areas of the skin, and encourage collagen growth from within. The light concentrates on areas of pigmentation, damage, and visible blood vessels, causing the skin to shed and expose newer skin underneath. Broad Band Light keeps the treatment area consistently safe and cool with precise temperature control, preventing damage to nearby tissue. The result is skin that is smoother, plumper, and more even in tone. The IPL Photofacial shows the best results in a series, with each treatment being four to six weeks apart with little or no downtime. Treatment areas include face, neck, décolletage, forearms, hands, and any areas that have had repeated sun exposure.
Broad Band Light is an FDA-cleared and approved technology that has broad applications for skin care and health. A recent Stanford University Department of Dermatology study has asserted that Sciton® Broad Band Light treatments can promote more youthful skin to develop at a molecular level. This indicates the groundbreaking nature of BBL treatments, and how the evidence is demonstrating its true reversal of skin damage.
Acne Laser Treatment | BOTOX®, Dysport® and Xeomin® | Clear + Brilliant® | CoolSculpting® | CoolTone® | Diamond Dermabrasion Facial | Fillers | Hair Restoration | IPL Photofacial | Kybella® | Laser Hair Removal | LED Customized Facial | LED Light Therapy | #LipFlip | Micro Laser Peel® | Microneedling and PRF | NovaThreads | ProFractional® | SkinTyte® | Ultherapy®